The new year is here and your off-highway vehicle Registration stickers are due Janaury 1, 2011. See video link below for more information about the specialty plates. Don’t be caught out on the trail without them.
How to Register your Machine:
Click on the forward arrow below to see a short video on how to register your machine, where to place the registration stickers, purpose of purchasing the specialty plates, where the money goes, etc.
Licensing and Registration Requirements for ATVs / UTVs / Motorbikes / Specialty Off-highway Vehicles:
Click on the Idaho Department of Parks & Recreation’s (IDPR) links below for more information about registering your machine, training, registration data, etc.
Riding Tips from IDPR:
- Ride under control at a safe speed considering the terrain and the possibility of meeting other users.
- Stay on trails and don’t cut switchbacks, take shortcuts or create new trails.
- Avoid muddy trails. Save them for future trips when they are dry.
- When meeting equestrians, approach slowly, pull over, turn off your engine and remove your helmet, and ask the riders what to do to facilitate passing.
- When overtaking others, follow at a safe distance until they reach the next suitable place to pass, then pass as slowly and as quietly as possible.
- Honor trail closures, both seasonal and permanent.
- In campgrounds, turn off and push your machine to ride directly to and from your campsite only. Minimize noise around others by using a consistent reduced speed.
- ATV riders should avoid riding on single track trails.