Boise ATV Trail Riders Monthly Meeting – Tire selection / Riding Alone Program
You are invited to attend our monthly meeting to hear about our previous rides and upcoming rides. Each meeting usually includes a video presentation or a speaker and a clinic on a “how to” topic.
- Tuesday, July 19, 2016:
- No host dinner 6 pm, come early and dine with the members.
- Meeting at 7 pm to 8-8:30 pm.
- Clinics start between 8:15-8:30 pm for about an hour.
- Where: Idaho Pizza, 405 E. Fairview, Meridian, ID (edit map)
Minutes from June Meeting:
- Members, please review June Minutes prior to meeting for approval.
Agenda for July Meeting:
- July Agenda (printable short version)
- Our Video Program will be on proper tire selection for various types of terrain. Factors such as weight, sidewalls, tread, plys, height and repair issues will all be discussed.
- Jim Maxey will also discuss air pressure and some personal tips on tire selection.
- A short group discussion will follow.
After Meeting Clinic:
- Our Clinic on Riding Alone will follow the meeting around 8:30 pm on issues when riding alone, how to do it right, etc. Patrick will discuss riding alone in the wilderness and how to do it with a bit of safety.
- Discussion will include:
1. Maps you should have with you
2. Using your GPS and UTM coordinate system to pin-point your location to within 10 meters on a 1:24,000 topo map!
3. Using a Satellite locator beacon
4. Setting up “checkin’s” for when to send help
5. Setting up a proper document let people know when you’re going and what you have with you.
6. Some additional items you might want to take if you go it alone
- Things to bring to this clinic:
- Your GPS unit if you have one
- Highly recommended that you watch this video on the UTM coordinate system before you come to the meeting:
- UTM Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonFxihqstU&index=8&list=PL49IZ0attmyaoON7jBneTjl_gpRatGYZW
Patrick Sherman, BATRC President, Contact Patrick
Not a Member?
You are invited to attend our monthly meetings and see what we are all about. If you wish, you can sign up at the meeting. Individual Memberships $15/year; Family/Spouse $20/year; and Sponsors $60/year. Come and ride with us…ATVers and UTVers welcome! For more information, click on How to Join. See our Facebook Page.